The point of this week’s assignment was to understand how lenses work and some of the distortions they cause. This week’s assignment was to play with scale to make something large appear to be small and something small appear to be large. I was sick for a week with the zombie plague so again there wasn’t much time or energy for photos. So tonight I set up a little studio on my kitchen counter and went to work. I used a black throw to create a backdrop, chose a goth doll (I have a collection), and a Nightmare Before Christmas house and started taking photos.
I used a tripod to take both of tonight’s photos. For this photo I used my 60mm macro lens with my camera in manual mode. The shutter speed is .5 seconds, the aperture is f/5.6 and the ISO is 1600. I edited this photo in iPhoto with the antique effect set to 4, the edge blur effect set to 6, and the fade effect set to 3.
For this photo I used my telephoto 75mm-300mm lens (focal length 210mm) with my camera in manual mode. The shutter speed is .10 seconds, the aperture is f/5.0 and the ISO is 400. I edited this photo in iPhoto, in which I changed it to black and white and with the vignette effect set to 1 and the fade effect set to 1.